Law student FAQ
Below are answers to some common questions we get from first-year law students.
- Can I take a day off in law school?
- Should I work during law school? (pros and cons)
- Can I go on spring break during law school?
Worried about starting law school
- I am worried about starting law school. What should I do?
- What should I wear to law school orientation?
- Is law school hard?
- Is law school a lot of work?
Law school study groups
- Do I need to join a law school study group?
- Should I join a law school study group?
- How should I make a law school study group?
- What are some legal writing tips for 1Ls?
- What are more legal research and writing tips for 1Ls?
- How can I improve my legal writing in law school?
- What are the top mistakes 1Ls make on law school final exams?
- How should I prepare for a closed-book final exam?
- How should I prepare for an open-book final exam?
- How should I study effectively during reading week?
- Do I need to buy law school supplements?
- Am I experiencing stress or something more (depression) in law school?
- Am I experiencing stress or something more (anxiety) in law school?
- Why does the law school experience contribute to decreases in mental health?
- How will my second year of law school be different from my first?
- What should I do the summer after my 1L year?
- Should I take law school summer classes?
- Where should I work the summer after my 1L year?
- Should I study abroad in law school?
- What are some pros and cons of joining moot court and law review?
- Should I transfer law schools?
- If I want to transfer law schools, what should I do?
- What are some tips I should consider if I am taking the Uniform Bar Exam?
- What is the MPRE?
Other tips for 1Ls
- What are law school time management tips?
- What are some law school time savers?
- How can I use flashcards in law school?
- How do I stay healthy in law school?
- What are some tips for part-time law students?
- What are some tips for improving the second semester of law school?
Looking for Law School Assistance?
Our law school tutors provide personalized, one-on-one tutoring to ensure students learn the skills and strategies needed to succeed in law school. You can read more about our law school tutoring options here.
We also have highly regarded law school one-sheets, which you can find here!