Law student FAQ
Below are answers to some common questions we get from first-year law students.
- Can I take a day off in law school?
- Should I work during law school? (pros and cons)
- Can I go on spring break during law school?
Worried about starting law school
- I am worried about starting law school. What should I do?
- What should I wear to law school orientation?
- Is law school hard?
- Is law school a lot of work?
Law school study groups
- Do I need to join a law school study group?
- Should I join a law school study group?
- How should I make a law school study group?
- What are some legal writing tips for 1Ls?
- What are more legal research and writing tips for 1Ls?
- How can I improve my legal writing in law school?
- What are the top mistakes 1Ls make on law school final exams?
- How should I prepare for a closed-book final exam?
- How should I prepare for an open-book final exam?
- How should I study effectively during reading week?
- Do I need to buy law school supplements?
- Am I experiencing stress or something more (depression) in law school?
- Am I experiencing stress or something more (anxiety) in law school?
- Why does the law school experience contribute to decreases in mental health?
- How will my second year of law school be different from my first?
- What should I do the summer after my 1L year?
- Should I take law school summer classes?
- Where should I work the summer after my 1L year?
- Should I study abroad in law school?
- What are some pros and cons of joining moot court and law review?
- Should I transfer law schools?
- If I want to transfer law schools, what should I do?
- What are some tips I should consider if I am taking the Uniform Bar Exam?
- What is the MPRE?
Other tips for 1Ls
- What are law school time management tips?
- What are some law school time savers?
- How can I use flashcards in law school?
- How do I stay healthy in law school?
- What are some tips for part-time law students?
- What are some tips for improving the second semester of law school?