We know what bar exam students struggle with. We work with hundreds of students each bar exam administration to help them improve their Multistate Bar Exam (MBE) scores. And we have created a new product – our MBE Guide – to help you improve your MBE score.
Our MBE Guide illuminates some very tricky areas of law and covers some highly tested concepts — all in a readable and easy to understand format. We also give you strategies for how to approach specific topics so you are more likely to answer MBE questions right when you see those topics tested.
This MBE guide is not an encyclopedia of MBE law. It does not cover every topic in depth. Rather, it is more like a series of snapshots. We cover several areas that students do not understand or that commercial courses do not cover well, including:
- mortgage priority
- battle of the forms
- the difference between party admission and statement against interest
- “what is a wild animal and why do I always get trespasser questions wrong?”
- default judgments
- the dormant commerce clause
- how the automobile exception differs from search incident to arrest
These are just some of the many areas the MBE Guide covers. To see a full list of topic areas, check out our MBE Guide page here.
Besides clearing up some otherwise frustrating areas of law, we strive to help you remember what you learned. We include charts and diagrams. We have practice problems and hypotheticals. We do this all in 12 pages per subject. You can see the law in a different light in the amount of time it takes to watch your favorite Netflix show.
How to Use the MBE Guide:
While the guide is a quick read, we recommend you spend time in it – especially in the areas you struggle. We recommend you memorize the law and complete the practice problems. If you use the guide in this way, we are betting that you will learn enough substance and strategies that you will increase your score by at least 7 points in the next full practice exam that you take. If you do not, we will give you a full refund. Please see the FAQ on the MBE Guide page for refund details.
You can see samples of our Contracts MBE Guide above. You can see that we illuminate the law in a clear and easy-to-understand way. And you can also see that we include helpful charts and diagrams to help you better learn the law. You can see the full Contracts portion of the guide here.
Purchase the Guide:
You can purchase the Guide here. It is priced low to reward those who purchase early. We will be raising the price when the bar exam gets closer.
Looking for additional MBE help? If you are looking for MBE help, read our 10 expert MBE tips here. Check out our step-by-step guide to improving your MBE score, please review this post for an overview of tips. This is a great free MBE resource. If you would like to receive our MBE tip of the day emailed to you, please fill out the form below.
Looking for more MBE resources?
- Check out our MBE guide here. It comes with a 7-point MBE increase guarantee or your money back! You can purchase it online or in a hard copy.
- Purchase our MBE one-sheets here! We give you an overview of each MBE subject in one convenient page, front and back. They serve as a great tool for review.
- Looking for a private MBE tutor? Read more about our MBE tutoring services here. If you are wondering if it is worth it to hire an MBE tutor, please check out this post.
- We have an MBE seminar for students looking to learn strategies to improve their MBE scores. Sign up for our MBE seminar here!
- Wondering what skill you need to work on most to improve your MBE score – comprehension, application, or memorization? Check out our MBE diagnostic here.
- Want some free tips? Sign up for our MBE strategies series here! It is free and we remove you from the email list once the bar exam is over!
Ashley Heidemann is the owner and founder of JD Advising. Ms. Heidemann scored over a 180 on the Michigan Bar Exam in February of 2011 after graduating as the #1 student in her law school class of over 200 students in 2011. She, as well as a team of others, offer bar exam courses, seminars, and private tutoring for bar exam students nationwide. This includes services for the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) and Michigan bar exam. Please click here to contact her company, with any questions.