Topic 5: Baby bar exam essay frequency chart
As you can see from this baby bar exam essay frequency chart, there are three subjects (Contracts is split into two on the chart) that are tested on the baby bar.
- Contracts (common law)—i.e., contracts for services
- Contracts (UCC)—i.e., contracts for the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Criminal Law*
*Note that virtually every exam has tested Criminal Law, with the exception of the July 2016 exam, which tested Criminal Procedure. However, that question was later deemed inappropriate and did not count toward an applicant’s score.
Baby bar exam essay frequency chart
From 2012 through November 2020 (each X is counted as 1, and the (X)s are counted as 1):
- Contracts has been tested 24 times (common law has been tested 12 times, UCC has been tested 13 times)
- Criminal Law has been tested 23 times
- Torts has been tested 25 times
Thus, all subjects have been tested approximately equally on the baby bar.
If you have any questions on our baby bar exam essay frequency chart, please feel free to post below. If you are looking for baby bar resources or private tutoring, please contact us at your convenience!
Go to the next topic, Topic 6: How to answer a baby bar exam essay question.
Looking to Pass the California Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (on sale for $999.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (a CA bar exam essay guide, a guide on how to pass the bar exam, and a guide to hiring a bar exam tutor) written by bar exam experts!
- A free early bar prep course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand Bar Exam Course (on sale now!)
- California and Baby Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- CA One-Sheets and Baby Bar One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
You can read more about our California Bar Exam services here.