Topic 2: What is the baby bar exam pass rate?
Baby bar exam statistics from recent years
Baby bar exam statistics are pretty dismal (but this does not mean you should lose hope of passing)!
As you can see, below we include a chart from the October 2019 baby bar. You can see that the vast majority of students that take the baby bar exam do not pass it. Of the total applicants who took the baby bar exam in October 2019, only 22.1% of the 294 takers passed it according to the California State Bar. First-time takers had a higher pass rate of 29.5%, whereas repeat takers had a 14.9% pass rate. (You can read more here.)
Baby Bar Exam Statistics from October 2019
*Chart from the State Bar of California
This was not an unusual year. You can see further statistics from recent years in the table below.
From the table below, you can tell that the overall pass rate has been between 16.9% and 25.3%. First-time takers have had a pass rate between 18.8% and 32.3%. Repeat takers have had a pass rate between 8.8% and 22.7%.
Just because the baby bar exam pass rate is low does not mean that you will not pass! We highly recommend reviewing past baby bar essays and reviewing multiple-choice questions as well. We also recommend that you take the time you need to truly memorize the law, focusing on the key elements. These are two ways to maximize your chances of passing the baby bar!
If you are looking for baby bar tutoring or resources, please contact us!
Go to the next topic, Topic 3: What score do I need to pass the baby bar exam?
Looking to Pass the California Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (on sale for $999.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (a CA bar exam essay guide, a guide on how to pass the bar exam, and a guide to hiring a bar exam tutor) written by bar exam experts!
- A free early bar prep course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand Bar Exam Course (on sale now!)
- California and Baby Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- CA One-Sheets and Baby Bar One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!
You can read more about our California Bar Exam services here.