Bar Exam Memorization Techniques By Learning Type
We all learn in different ways, and memorization for the bar exam is no different! Therefore, we recommend you make certain strategy adjustments and additions geared towards your learning style to fully activate your brain. Before making these modifications, be sure to include universal bar exam memorization techniques. This will give you a well-rounded study plan for the bar. Next, you will want to begin by identifying what type of learner you are. You can then apply the specialized bar exam memorization techniques for your unique learning type. Don’t forget to take the time to review tips for other learning styles, as you may find them beneficial as well!
Bar Exam Memorization Techniques for Auditory Learners
These techniques are for students that learn through listening or the verbalization of material. Auditory learners should be creative in their study tactics. Pay attention and listen actively to recorded lectures. Lectures are an excellent opportunity to have material explained verbally – activating your brain and encouraging better bar exam memorization.
Additionally, try reading your outline out loud, whether it is to yourself or an audience. Consider “playing professor” for a day and teach your own class on a difficult subject. Communicating a legal concept in your own words will prepare you to do the same for the exam.
Lastly, don’t rule out study partners or groups. As long as you can stay focused, these are an excellent opportunity to verbalize the law through conversation. You can find further information on auditory bar exam memorization tips here.
Bar Exam Memorization Techniques for Kinesthetic Learners
These techniques are for students who find studying through a physical experience helpful for learning and memorization. You will want to include physical activity and movement into your study plan as much as possible. Try walking around the room as you read or listening to lectures during a run. Also, repeatedly trace flowcharts, diagrams, and other visual outlines stimulate your brain for a better understanding of the law. Try acting out legal scenarios from cases or hypotheticals. This will help you push through intricacies you may be stuck on.
During moments when you can’t get up and on to your feet, make sure to keep your hands busy by tapping your pen or flicking a fidget spinner.
Lastly, kinesthetic learners should never skip their study breaks! Study breaks are essential for everyone, but the opportunity to freely move about is priceless for physical learners. You can find more information on kinesthetic bar exam memorization techniques here.
Bar Exam Memorization Techniques for Visual Learners
These techniques are for students who learn more from seeing than hearing or doing. You will want to get inventive about getting various forms of information and material in front of you. Start by prioritizing solo study over group studying. Study groups tend to be more auditory than visual and might not be an efficient use of your time. Further, as a visual learner, you may not find lectures useful. However, consider using this opportunity to take notes. Writing information helps better commit it to memory and will leave you with additional notes to read.
Utilize flashcards but focus only on highly tested and challenging material. Don’t forget to use flowcharts and diagrams. Visualizing the course of a difficult subject will help you work through areas you may be stuck.
Lastly, after bar exam memorization and review, quiz yourself by rewriting your outlines. You can find further information on visual bar exam memorization techniques here.
Engaging both universal and individualized techniques will prepare you for the considerable challenge of the bar exam. By committing to these techniques, you will be giving yourself an invaluable advantage on the bar exam!
Looking to Pass the Bar Exam?
We offer the following products and services:
- A five-star UBE course that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and released questions. Preview our course for free here to see sample lectures, outlines, and materials.
- COVID-19 SALE: Due to the pandemic, we are offering discounted rates on our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses. Use coupon code COVIDOD at checkout to place your $99.99 deposit and lock in your $999.99 pricing for our On Demand Course (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDODFULL). If you are interested in our Premium course, use coupon code COVIDPREM at checkout to place your $499.99 deposit and lock in your $3499.99 pricing (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDPREMFULL).
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring services tailored to you.
- MBE services and products, including an MBE Course, MBE Seminar, and MBE One-Sheets and real MBE questions.
- MEE services and products, including an MEE course, MEE seminar, and MEE One-Sheets.
- MPT services and products, including an MPT seminar, MPT guide and private tutoring.