GET THE UPPER HAND ON THE BAR EXAM.
THE JD ADVISING ADVANTAGE
WHY SIGN UP FOR BAR EXAM ESSAY FEEDBACK?
We specialize in providing bar exam essay feedback and review. We are bar exam tutors who have read thousands of bar exam essays. We also have a law firm which has an extremely high success rate in appealing failed bar exam essays scores. We know what graders like to see – and don’t like to see! Our bar exam tutors and essay graders have passed bar exams in Washington, Michigan, California, New York, and New Jersey. We have given bar exam essay feedback for students taking the bar exam in several states, including Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Virginia, Washington D.C., among others. We specialize in assisting students with the Uniform Bar Exam, the Multistate Essay Exam, and the Multistate Performance Test.
Note that when we give you feedback, our goal is not simply to copy and paste the model answer into the feedback. Or to give you merely grammatical tips. While we will correct law and structural/organizational defects, our goal is to find patterns and tell you exactly what you are doing wrong and how to correct that.
For example, we will not just say, “your organization needs work” We will say, “organize your answer around the call of the question by looking at A, B, and C” We will not just say, “use more facts!” We will give you tips for using more facts. This approach helps students make substantial progress. If you are looking for an example of our feedback, please see this PDF of MEE sample feedback.
HOW BAR EXAM ESSAY FEEDBACK WORKS
There are a few steps:
(1) First, we will assign you a grader who specializes in the type of essay exam you are taking. Generally, the same grader will provide feedback on all of your essays and document your progress.
(2) Next, upon purchasing the Multistate Essay Exam (MEE) feedback or Multistate Performance Test (MPT) feedback, you will receive instructions on which MEEs or which MPT to complete. You will also receive links to the MEEs or MPT. We assign MEEs that test subjects that we think could be coming up. We do the same with the MPT. All MEEs and MPTs are assigned from the National Conference of Bar Examiners website. As you can see below, you have the option to pay more and schedule a 30-minute phone call with a member of our staff. Note: All essays/MPTs are sent via link or via email. Hard copies are not sent.
Note: If you have your own set of essay questions or MPTs in mind, that is fine too! Further, if you would like more or fewer essays, that is fine! We can tailor any program to your needs!
(3) You will answer the questions assigned. If you are typing the bar exam, we will ask you to type your answers to these questions. If you are handwriting the bar exam, we will ask you to handwrite your answers and scan them to us. Email your answers to the email address provided in the instructions which are emailed to you upon purchase.
WE WILL PROVIDE PROMPT EXTENSIVE AND PERSONALIZED BAR EXAM ESSAY FEEDBACK TO YOU INCLUDING:
- If there are areas of substantive law you should learn better (and which areas to examine more thoroughly)
- If your organization is good or if you need to work on it more
- If you need to learn rule statements better or if you seem to know the rules well enough
- If you are using enough key legal vocabulary (we will tell you common terms you should be aware of!)
- If you are analyzing the fact pattern sufficiently or if you are missing important facts or issues
- If you are arriving at accurate (or arguably accurate) conclusions and what signs you should look for in the fact pattern to arrive at the correct conclusion
We provide feedback promptly after receiving your email. Again, as mentioned above we also tell you how to improve. Note that we also offer a thirty-minute phone call, to be scheduled at the convenience of both yourself and the tutor so that we can answer any questions and reiterate advice and tips for improvement.
Our Bar Exam Essay Feedback Packages Include the Following:
Option 1: Uniform Bar Exam / MEE and MPT Feedback
Grading of Three MEE’s or One MPT: You can purchase the MEE and MPT feedback below. Please feel free to let us know if we can customize your experience. Further, if you are looking for weekly assignments and weekly feedback, please email us at [email protected] We have several students who have benefited greatly from weekly assignments and feedback. Lastly, if you want a “mock” exam graded, please check out our mock exam for the upcoming administration here. It is a six-question exam based on subjects that we think are fair game to test!
Option 2: California Bar Exam Essay Feedback
For the grading and written feedback for three California essays we charge $139.99. For written feedback on one California performance test, we charge $139.99. To add a 30-minute phone call, it is $210.
Option 3: Michigan Bar Exam Essay Feedback
We charge $15 per essay. If you want weekly feedback, let us know and we are happy to come up with a plan tailored to you. The last person who received weekly feedback increased his essay score over 40 points and received an essay score of 160 on the July 2017 Michigan bar exam, which he attributed largely to the personalized grader.
For the grading of a 9-question essay exam that contains topics we think are coming up and a 30-minute phone conversation, the charge is $250. (Without the 30-minute phone conversation, the charge is $150.) For the July 2017, students who took our 9-question exam saw 6 similar topics on the actual Michigan bar exam. We also offer administered proctored exams if you would prefer to take an exam in a group setting.