What are the Best MPRE Questions? We get a lot of questions from students regarding where the best practice MPRE questions come from. Many people have different theories that certain commercial companies have better, more realistic, questions than other companies. Some insist that Kaplan MPRE questions are the best, whereas others will only use Barbri MPRE questions.
However, the best practice questions to both help and to indicate a student’s ability to pass the MPRE are actual released MPRE questions.There are many reasons for this, but some of the reasons are as follows:
The Reasons that Released MPRE Questions are the Best MPRE Questions:
First, many questions created by commercial companies are often much longer than real questions. Thus, they take students much longer to get through. Therefore, this is challenging for a student who may already struggle with timing issues. (This is not to say that there are not lengthy questions on the MPRE, but some companies take it too far!)
Also, we find that many question sets created by commercial companies are not an accurate representation of the types of questions and volume of questions that one will actually see on the exam. For instance, a practice set may have a ton of questions on the topic of “Transactions and Communications with Persons Other than Clients.” But in reality, only 2-8% of the questions on the actual exam come from this topic. Or some companies have a million questions on the judicial code. And again, only 2-8% of the real MPRE will cover the Code of Judicial Conduct.
Lastly, another great reason to use real MPRE questions is because they show you how the Rules are actually tested. If you use real questions you can get used to how they test these Rules, and how they try to trick you—especially with the tough Rules! A little bit of practice in this sense, can go a long way!
Where can I find Released MPRE Questions?
SIf you are wondering where to find actual released MPRE questions, we have a few options. First, you can purchase an MPRE exam from the National Conference of Bar Examiners’ website. They have two 60-question MPRE tests for pruchase. You can also find 15 sample test questions offered by the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) for free by clicking the link.
If I Want to Practice More Questions, Should I Use Commercial Course Questions?
It is definitely not a bad idea to use a variety of questions when you are preparing for the MPRE. This is especially because the amount of actual released MPRE questions is limited. Just keep in mind that they will be flawed in the ways we mentioned above. We have links to several free MPRE questions if you are looking for free questions. Otherwise, your commercial course will provide additional MPRE questions to practice.
Further MPRE Resources:
If you are looking for free resources, you are in luck! For more MPRE tips and tricks, we highly recommend that you review all of our MPRE posts by clicking here. Some popular ones are:
- How to Study for the MPRE: In this post, we give you a quick rundown of how to study properly for the MPRE.
- How many questions you should be answering correctly when you practice? (It may surprise you to know that it is almost the same number of questions that you need to be answering correctly to pass no matter what a “passing score” is in your jurisdiction!)
- How to Improve Your MPRE Score if you find yourself stuck on the same number.
- MPRE Tip: Become familiar with Key Words and Phrases on the MPRE: This post gives you an overview of how you can avoid making mistakes by paying careful attention to the call of the question. If you are taking the MPRE soon, it is a good last-minute read to make sure you don’t fall into a trap!
- Five Last-Minute tips to Pass the MPRE: These are some last-minute tips and tricks that can help you pass the MPRE. They are good things to keep in mind on the exam day!
- How to Pass the MPRE the First Time you Take It: If you are in law school wondering how to conquer this thing the first time you take it, read our advice here.
Good luck studying for the MPRE!
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course which provides you with high-quality and tailored instruction focused on the highly tested areas of the MPRE. You can also get real MPRE questions with the course here.
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.