If you failed the bar exam, it is okay! There are a lot of famous people who failed the bar exam, overcame it, and still went on to do fantastic things.
We know that failing the bar exam can be an awful feeling. But we recommend that you do not look at failing one exam (a very hard exam, at that!) as a statement about who you are − look at it as something that can (and will) make you better. Please read this note to those who failed the bar exam if you haven’t already.
Now, for our list of famous people who failed the bar exam. . .
Famous People who Failed the Bar Exam:
- The First Lady Michelle Obama – (a graduate of Harvard Law School) failed the Illinois bar exam on her first try.
- Secretary of State and potential Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton failed the DC bar exam the first time she took it. She passed the Arkansas bar after that.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt failed the New York bar exam on his first try after attending Harvard College and Columbia Law School . . . and he was subsequently elected President four times!
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. failed the New York bar exam twice before passing it on his third try.
- Several Governors have failed the bar exam. Former California Governor, Pete Wilson, failed the California bar exam three times before passing it on his fourth try. Two-time governor of California, Jerry Brown, also failed the bar exam.
- Several Mayors have failed the bar exam (some more than once!), including: New York mayor, Ed Koch; Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley, and Los Angeles Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa.
All of these people (and many more!) failed the bar exam at least once…and they did alright ;) ! Their bar exam failures certainly do not define them and certainly did not hold them back from leading great careers and living very meaningful lives.. In fact, failure probably made them bolder and better at what they did.
We know that failing the bar exam is a dreadful, but we hope that the fact that you are in very good company provides you with a some consolation.
Looking for Bar Exam services?
We offer the following resources:
- Tutoring Services – tailored to you: To read more about our bar exam tutoring services (including MEE and MPT services), please check out our bar exam private tutoring page.
- UBE Course: We offer an elite, personalized small-group Uniform Bar Exam course that fills up quickly! If you are interested in this course, we recommend early application! Please read more about the course here.
- MBE Services: We have several MBE services, including an MBE Favorites series which covers the highly tested topics on the MBE, MBE one-sheets,an MBE Guide (that comes with a 7-point increase guarantee!), an MBE diagnostic if you are not sure where you are struggling. We also offer a 14-session MBE course, MBE private tutoring that is tailored to you, and a half-day MBE Seminar. We also have real MBE questions for sale. Not sure which one is right for you? Contact us!
- MEE Services: We offer several MEE services, including an MEE Course (which covers highly tested MEE subjects), an MEE seminar that covers the highly tested areas of law on the MEE as well as predictions! We recommend early application if you are interested in this option. We also have highly regarded MEE one-sheets and essay feedback.
- MPT services: We offer MPT services including private tutoring, essay feedback, and an MPT Seminar. We also sell MPT books with questions, answers, and model student answers and an MPT guide which gives you a step-by-step approach to the MPT!