Out of the 497 people who took the bar exam in February 2016, 323 (65%) passed. 71% of first-time bar exam takers passed and 59% of repeat bar exam takers passed. There were about the same number of first time takers and repeat takers (245, and 252, respectively).
February 2016 Michigan Bar Exam Statistics – By School
In order from the highest passage rate to the lowest passage rate, the February 2016 Michigan bar exam statistics by school are as follows:
- Out of State Law Schools had an 80% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 76 students who took the bar exam, 61 passed.
- University of Michigan Law School had a 74% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 19 students that took the bar exam, 14 passed.
- Michigan State University Law School had a 73% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 41 students that took the bar exam, 30 passed.
- Wayne State University Law School had a 64% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 45 students that took the bar exam, 29 passed.
- University of Detroit Mercy Law School had a 63% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 62 students who took the bar exam, 39 passed.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School had a 59% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 250 students who took the bar exam, 148 passed.
- University of Toledo had a 50% bar exam passage rate. Out of the 4 students who took the bar exam, 2 passed.
Ironically, the highest passage rate was out of state law schools! (Is the key to doing well on the Michigan bar exam to not go to school in Michigan? Just kidding of course.) But 76 is a decent pool of out-of-state applicants to be taking the Michigan bar exam.
These statistics do not mean as much as the July Michigan bar exam statistics because less students take the February Michigan bar exam than the July Michigan bar exam. So if a law school only had, for example 4 takers or 41 takers, it does not mean as much as when they have 100+ takers! The July statistics are a little more telling.
We will be posting soon about the Michigan bar exam appeals statistics for the February 2016 Michigan bar exam as well so stay tuned!
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (on sale for as low as $999.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free early bar prep course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses (on sale now!)
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!