Feeling Nervous for the MPRE?
If you are feeling nervous for the MPRE, you are not alone! There are a few things to do if you find yourself feeling nervous!
1.Make sure you are prepared!
If you have not prepared at all for the MPRE, then that might be the reason you are nervous!
The basic steps to becoming prepared are:
- Take an MPRE course. (We recommend our free MPRE course, which you can enroll in here!) You can also read about why our MPRE course is the best here!
- Do your best to memorize the rules, particularly the highly tested rules.
- Complete some practice questions. We provide free practice questions in our MPRE course. The best source of practice questions are real MPRE questions. If you are short on time, we would recommend purchasing real MPRE questions here.
The more you prepare ahead of time, the less anxious you will feel!
2. Remember, you do not need a perfect score.
You can miss a lot of questions and still pass the MPRE! Some students mistakenly think that a score of 75 means 75, or that a score of 85 means 85%. That is not the case at all!
- If your passing score is a 75, you can miss about 44% of the questions — or 26 questions out of 60 (or 22/50)
- If your passing score is an 85, you can miss about 40% of questions — or 24 questions out of 60 (or 20/50)
(Note that the actual MPRE is graded out of 50 questions. However, your exam will have 60 questions. So, we included both numbers above.)
To make things simpler, look at it this way: You can literally get the equivalent of a D-minus and still score an 85 on the MPRE! You can get an E and still score 75 on the MPRE. So, it is not a very high bar!
3. Try visualization, meditation, or other techniques!
There is a lot of science behind positive visualization, meditation, and other relaxation techniques. Do whatever works best for you! For example, when I am nervous or anxious about something, I find it helpful to go jogging and to journal about why I am anxious. These techniques have worked well for me in the past so will likely continue to work for me in the future.
If you are not sure what works best for you, try some different techniques and see! They will serve you well for law school exams, the bar exam, and when you practice law.
Looking for a five-star MPRE course? Check out our free MPRE course! It comes with a free outline, free practice questions, and free instruction! You can enroll here!
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course that comes with expert instruction, a free outline, free practice questions, and free one-sheet! This course is rated 5/5 stars by our students!
- Real MPRE questions, which are the best way to ensure you are prepared for the questions on test day!
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.