How many questions can you miss on the MPRE?
The short answer is — you can miss quite a few questions and still pass the MPRE. You can see from the chart below (explained further here) that:
- If your passing score is a 75, you can miss about 44% of the questions — or 26 questions out of 60 (or 22/50)
- If your passing score is an 85, you can miss about 40% of questions — or 24 questions out of 60 (or 20/50)
(Note that the actual MPRE is graded out of 50 questions. However, your exam will have 60 questions. So, we included both numbers above.)
To make things simpler, look at it this way: You can literally get the equivalent of a D-minus and still score an 85 on the MPRE! You can get an E and still score 75 on the MPRE. So, it is not a very high bar! Some students mistakenly think that an 85 means 85%. That is not the case at all!
If you are worried about the MPRE, remember you do not need a perfect — or even a good score — to pass!
If you are nervous about the MPRE, check out our MPRE course! It is rated five stars by our students and taught by an MPRE expert! It comes with a free MPRE outline, free questions, and free instruction!
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course that comes with expert instruction, a free outline, free practice questions, and free one-sheet! This course is rated 5/5 stars by our students!
- Real MPRE questions, which are the best way to ensure you are prepared for the questions on test day!
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.