Topic 3: How to Register for the MPRE
The MPRE requires registration through both the National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE). However, you also must schedule your test appointment with Pearson Vue. Here, we tell you how to register for the MPRE.
How to Register for the MPRE
First, make sure you register on time!
The NCBE makes it clear that absolutely no registrations are accepted after 11:59 PM central time on the registration deadline, listed below. This chart is promulgated by the NCBE:
Registration for all of the 2020 MPRE exams opens on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Register early! Registering early is helpful for a few reasons:
- First, there is no option to register late. If you miss the deadline, you cannot take the exam.
- Second, you will maximize the locations and test times that are available to you if you register early. If you register on the late side, your preferred testing center or time slot could be filled.
- Third, you will be motivated to start studying early if you already have registered!
You cannot register after the registration deadline. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Step 1: You will need a National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) account to register and you will need to schedule your appointment with Pearson VUE.
The NCBE develops the MPRE. You can look up to see if you have an NCBE account here.
Step 2: Apply for MPRE test accommodations, if applicable.
You must apply for registrations before you register for the MPRE.
Step 3: Login to your NCBE account.
The NCBE directions next tell you to log in to your NCBE account and select “MPRE Registration.” Follow the instructions there to complete the registration process.
Step 4: Pearson VUE will email you within 24 hours after you request your authorization to test.
Pearson VUE will email you from [email protected] within 24 hours after you request your authorization to test (do not send correspondence to this email address, as it is not monitored).
If you do not receive an email from Pearson VUE after 24 hours of requesting your authorization to test, please do the following:
- First, check your spam or junk mail folder.
- Contact NCBE MPRE Registration
When you receive this authorization to test, you will then be able to create a Pearson VUE account and see the testing centers.
For inquiries about the testing centers (appointment scheduling, locations, and what to expect) please contact Pearson VUE by telephone at 888-205-1855 or online at https://home.pearsonvue.com/Contact-Us.aspx.
Step 5: Schedule and Pay!
Schedule an appointment with Pearson VUE. And pay the $135 test fee to Pearson VUE. This fee must be paid by debit or credit card.
Step 6: Confirm!
Pearson VUE will email you with an Exam Appointment email and a Confirmation of Payment email within 48 hours after scheduling your appointment and submitting payment.
What if I need to reschedule or cancel?
The NCBE gives the following instructions on rescheduling and canceling:
- Rescheduling your appointment. MPRE appointments can be rescheduled for a different appointment time or a different testing center location for the same test administration for which you originally registered. Exam appointments must be rescheduled at least 48 hours prior to the appointment. To reschedule your appointment, access your online Pearson VUE account or contact Pearson VUE by telephone at 888-205-1855 and pay a non-refundable and non-transferable $25 fee.
- Canceling your appointment. If you are unable to test during the administration for which you registered, you can cancel your appointment and receive a $70 refund. You can cancel your appointment in your online Pearson VUE account or by contacting Pearson VUE by telephone at 888-205-1855. You must cancel your appointment within 48 hours prior to the appointment to receive a refund. Your registration cannot be transferred to another registration.
What if I have questions?
If you have questions regarding MPRE registration and administration, MPRE test accommodations, or MPRE scores, please contact the NCBE.
If you have questions regarding Pearson VUE testing centers (including appointment scheduling, testing center locations, and what to expect at the testing center), contact Pearson VUE by telephone at 888-205-1855 or online at https://home.pearsonvue.com/Contact-Us.aspx.
What is the NCBE responsible for and what is Pearson VUE responsible for?
Since two entities will play a role in administering your MPRE exam, it is helpful to know the role that each plays. The NCBE has delineated the roles as follows:
Use your NCBE Account to:
- Apply for test accommodations (remember to do this before you register for the MPRE) and view any test accommodations decision
- Begin the MPRE registration process and request authorization to test
- Designate which jurisdiction receives your MPRE score (and change this jurisdiction up to 48 hours prior to the exam)
- Make changes to your name, email address, address, or phone number (allowed up to 48 hours prior to the exam)
- Change your consent to permit NCBE to report your MPRE score to your law school (allowed up to 48 hours prior to the exam)
- View your MPRE score (available until the next MPRE exam date)
- Use MPRE Score Services to send your score to additional jurisdiction, request a score verification, or request an unofficial transcript of all your MPRE scores
Use your Pearson VUE Account to:
- Schedule your appointment (or reschedule or cancel, if necessary)
- Pay the test fee
- View details about your appointment to test
- Print a receipt verifying your payment
Lastly, don’t forget to register for an MPRE course! Our MPRE course is free, gets five stars, and is taught by an MPRE expert! It comes with free lectures, a free outline, and free questions. Register for our free MPRE course here.
Looking to Pass the MPRE?
We offer the following services:
- A free MPRE Course that comes with expert instruction, a free outline, free practice questions, and free one-sheet! This course is rated 5/5 stars by our students!
- Real MPRE questions, which are the best way to ensure you are prepared for the questions on test day!
- MPRE private tutoring to help you learn everything you need to pass the MPRE, including an MPRE outline and an MPRE study plan tailored to your individualized needs.
- A variety of excellent and free MPRE resources to help you conquer the MPRE.