It appears as though all of the numbers of those who passed the exam are posted (including those who have not passed the MPRE or have not received a character and fitness clearance. We could be wrong since the language isn’t exactly clear, but for the past two bar exams, this is what the Michigan Board of Law Examiners has done).
July 2015 Michigan bar exam results have been mailed and applicants should expect to receive them in a few days – hopefully by Friday or Saturday. We always recommend that you wait until you receive official results before publicly announcing whether you passed or failed! So far as we know, Michigan has always accurately posted seat numbers, but it is wiser to wait since posting by seat number is relatively new! (The first time they posted by seat number was last February so this is their fourth time posting my seat number!)
We will be updating this post with more information including an overview of what the approximate percentage is of those who are listed versus those who took the exam.
July 2015 Michigan Bar Exam Results – If Your Number is on the List – Congrats!
If you passed the July 2015 Michigan bar examination, congratulations! Please check out this Congratulatory Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam, as well as a description of Michigan swearing-in ceremonies if you are in Michigan. Those in Michigan (and many states) will have to attend a swearing-in ceremony in order to get your P number and practice law. To our knowledge, there is NO other good, detailed information online about what a swearing-in ceremony actually is, so it may be worth it to check out the above post.
If Your Number is Not on the List:
If you did not pass the July 2015 Michigan bar examination, we are very sorry!
To reiterate from an earlier post, there are a few things you should do:
- First, make sure you had the right seat number. For the February 2014, July 2014, and February 2015 bar exams (and thus, we suspect it is the same for this exam) the seat number that bar exam students should be looking for is the actual seat number that they were in (which might not necessarily be the same as the original seat number you were assigned).
- Second, do not panic. Check out this Note to those who Fail the Bar Exam for some encouragement as well as advice on where to go from here. Wait for your results to be mailed to you and try not to freak out about it. If you were close to passing, definitely consider the possibility of appeal. If you are considering utilizing our services for your Michigan bar exam appeal, please sign up to be on our list early! That is, email us (at [email protected]) or call us at 248-228-5547. You will receive a free consultation, no strings attached. We have a stellar bar exam appeals passage rate but we only take on a limited number of appeals each administration (last time we only took on five!). Even without knowing your score, we recommend you put yourself on the list if you are considering an appeal. You are not committing to anything but you still preserve your place in line. We fill up very quickly.
- Lastly, consider consulting us about private tutoring or applying for our small Michigan bar exam class (we accept only a very limited number of students). See all of your options by clicking here! We think you will find our private one-on-one or small group services to be a nice change of pace from your commercial bar review course.
What was the percentage of people that passed the July 2015 Michigan bar exam?
On our very preliminary count, it looks to be about 60.1% total. This is consistent with past exams.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (on sale for as low as $999.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free early bar prep course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses (on sale now!)
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!