July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results Released!
July 2019 Michigan bar exam results are out as of today, 10/31 at 11 AM. They have been posted by seat number on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners website online.
July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results Released!
In the past, all of the numbers of those who passed the exam were posted (this includes those who have not passed the MPRE or have not received a character and fitness clearance). It appears as though the Michigan Board of Law Examiners has again released results of everyone who has passed the bar exam.
July 2019 Michigan bar exam results have been mailed and applicants should expect to receive score reports in a few days. We always recommend that you wait until you receive official results before publicly announcing whether you passed or failed! So far as we know, Michigan has always accurately posted seat numbers, but it is wiser to wait since posting by seat number is relatively new!
July 2019 Michigan Bar Exam Results – If Your Number is on the List – Congrats!
If you passed the July 2019 Michigan bar examination, congratulations! Please check out this Congratulatory Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam, as well as a description of swearing-in ceremonies on Michigan. Those in Michigan (and many states) will have to attend a swearing-in ceremony in order to get your P number and practice law. To our knowledge, there is no other good, detailed information online about what a swearing-in ceremony actually is. So, it is worth it to check out the above post!
If you are looking to design a perfect swearing-in ceremony, we also have a description of how to do that here.
If Your Number is Not on the List:
If you did not pass the July 2019 Michigan bar examination, we are very sorry!
Note: If you did not pass, your immediate thought may be that you completely bombed the exam. It is natural to feel this way! Just wait to get your score report before making assumptions about how you scored. You may be very close to passing!
To reiterate from an early post, there are a few things you should do:
- First, make sure you had the right seat number. For the 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, 2018, and February 2019 exams (and thus, we suspect it is the same for this exam) the seat number that bar exam students should be looking for is the actual seat number that they were in (which might not necessarily be the same as the original seat number you were assigned). Recently, the Board has refused to tell examinees their seat numbers over the phone so if you do not have your seat number, you will have to wait for a copy of your results to arrive in the mail.
- Second, do not panic. Check out this Note to those who Fail the Bar Exam for some encouragement as well as advice on where to go from here. Wait for your results to come in the mail, and try not to freak out about it.
- Consider consulting us about private tutoring or applying for our small Michigan bar exam class (we accept only a very limited number of students). We specialize in helping repeat takers pass the bar exam. We have a Michigan Bar Exam full-service course for those who are looking to pass the exam in the most efficient way possible. We also have a Michigan essay course and stellar bar exam private tutoring options. See all of your Michigan bar exam options by clicking here! We think you will find our private one-on-one or small group services to be a nice change of pace from your commercial bar review course.
- Lastly, consider appealing. If you were close to passing, definitely consider the possibility of appeal. If you are considering utilizing our services for your Michigan bar exam appeal, please sign up to be on our list early! That is, email us at [email protected] or call us at 248-497-0187. (You are welcome to read this post: I am considering appealing my bar exam score. What is the next step?) You will receive a free consultation, no strings attached. We have a stellar bar exam appeals passage rate but we only take on a limited number of appeals each. Last July, we wrote all of the passing appeals in the whole state. Even without knowing your score, we recommend you put yourself on the list if you are considering an appeal. There is no fee to reserve your spot. You are not committing to anything but you still preserve your place in line.
Note: You will be getting your score report in the next few days. You are welcome to email us your score report at [email protected] and we are happy to decode it for you and tell you what you need to work on, free of charge.
We have an excellent Michigan Bar Exam full-service course for those who are looking to pass the exam the next administration! We have an affordable on demand option (currently on sale for $2,095) and we also have a live option! We also have a Michigan essay course and stellar bar exam private tutoring.
Please apply early if you are interested in these options!
These are other free resources for those who fail the bar exam:
- I failed the bar exam. What do I do? We have an in-depth guide here.
- I failed the Michigan bar exam. What should I do?
- How to pass the bar exam the second time around: Five things to do differently. Eye-opening for many second-time takers.
- I failed the bar exam by five points (or less). What should I do? We tell you what to do here!
- I failed the bar exam twice (or three times or four times). We tell you how to change your approach to pass the next time!
- What does my Michigan bar exam score report mean? This post gives you a general idea of what to look for. You are also welcome to email us your score report ([email protected]) and we will dissect it for you!
- Should I take Barbri twice? (Hint: no!)
- How do I tell my boss I failed the bar exam? Here is a guide on what to say and not say.
What was the percentage of people that passed the July 2019 Michigan bar exam?
It appears to be about 60%. We are disappointed this is not higher given the nationwide increase in MBE scores/pass rates. This means the Board likely had a less generous essay curve.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
We offer the following products and services:
- A premium, full-service Michigan Bar Exam Course, which provides students with tailored, high-quality, and personalized bar exam preparation.
- A Michigan essay course, which comes with seven sessions, outlines for all Michigan-specific subjects, essay feedback, and our popular How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam and our predictions.
- Private tutoring for those seeking one-on-one help to pass the Michigan Bar Exam.
- How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam, a book which includes tips on how to study smart for the Michigan Bar Exam, one-sheets, as well as a step-by-step guide for writing high-scoring Michigan Bar Exam essays.
- MBE services and products, including an MBE course, MBE seminar, and MBE one-sheets.