JD ADVISING LAW SCHOOL EXAM PREP
Want to excel on your law school exams? Want to feel confident that you are studying the right way? Sign up for our one-on-one law school exam prep sessions.
We will show you exactly what you need to be doing to prepare for your final exams. We tell you what you need to focus on, and what you should forget about. Furthermore, we teach a time-tested strategy for answering exam questions and give you the opportunity to practice a series of exam questions. It can be useful to students at any time during their exam prep period, but the earlier you take it, the better off you will be.
JD ADVISING LAW SCHOOL EXAM PREP WILL GIVE YOU AN ADVANTAGE!
WHY WE CREATED A LAW SCHOOL EXAM PREP PROGRAM
We have tutored several law students, and we cannot help but notice that many law students report having little to no guidance at best, and at worst, bad guidance (“reread the cases!”) when it comes to relying on their law school professors or mentors. We sometimes receive panicked e-mails from students who do not know if they are studying the right way. These students do not know when to begin outlining, they have no idea how to prepare for the crazy fact patterns that they will have to analyze on their final exams, and they do not know how to create a good law school exam study plan.
It’s not that these students aren’t smart (they are) or do not work hard (they do); they simply have no idea what they should be doing in their study period or the weeks preceding study period to maximize their chance of excelling on law school exams.
WHY NOT? BECAUSE NO ONE TELLS THEM!
As a result, unfortunately, many law students learn by “trial and error.” They try a strategy their first semester, and it doesn’t work. Then they try a different strategy their second semester – and it is maybe a little bit better, but the students are still not getting A’s. The problem with this strategy is that the students suffer two semesters of bad grades in their most important year of law school! This not only severely impairs the student’s ability to get a job the summer of their 1L year and after law school, but it also makes it harder for them to pass the bar exam. It also impairs the student’s ability to be on law review, to receive competitive clerkship opportunities, to apply for scholarships, and to apply for other sought-after internships.
Instead of leaving students to figure out how to succeed on exams by trial-and-error, we offer law school exam prep tutoring options that reveal the same strategies that helped the founder of JD Advising graduate as the #1 law student. We will provide you with the guidance that many law students desperately crave and need. We tell you exactly what you should focus on, exactly what to do and not do, and how to make a good law school exam study schedule. We help you do it right the first time around.
Interested? Read more below.
WHAT WILL THIS PROGRAM TEACH ME?
We will teach you:
- The best way to learn the law that you will be tested on through outlining. This includes how to make outlines, what to include in your outlines and what to leave out, how to learn your outlines…and what to do if you do not have much time to outline! We will also outline with you, using your class notes and materials.
- A time-tested strategy and techniques for answering exam questions. This is the same strategy that was used by the #1 student!
- The best way to practice and improve your exam scores. (We will practice exams with you!)
- Exam-writing tips: what to say and what not to say on your final exam. We will provide feedback on your answers!
- How to make the most of your study period right before exams, including what to study, how long to study each day, and what to do the day before and day of your final exams.
- The best way to compare your answers to model answers. This is probably one of the most important skills you can develop in law school.
- How to write stellar law school exam answers: We will go over how to write answers for your courses.
- The opportunity for feedback on your work, including your outlines and exam answers.
We will tailor our sessions to what you need. We will work with your outlines and class materials to make sure that you are getting the most out of it.
TRY IT If you want to see if law school tutoring is right for you, sign up for one session and try it out!