What will I learn from the Law School Prep Course?
The law school prep course will teach you these essential skills:
- > How law school differs from college
- > An overview of useful legal vocabulary
- > The two best resources that can save you time and anxiety throughout law school
- > How to speed-read cases
- > Tips on how to (and when to) brief cases
- > How to answer questions when you are “on call”
- > How to take notes during class
- > How to outline and learn your outlines
- > How to answer law school exam questions as well as key exam-taking strategies
- > How to prepare for your final exam all throughout the semester
- > How to create a law school study schedule (an in-depth guide)
- > How to cite cases
- > How to research (you will receive a LexisNexis ID so you can start researching when you sign up with us!)
- >Legal writing tips
- >Best of all: This course provides you with time-tested advice from a mentor who will answer your questions, guide you through law school and allay your law school fears.
This law school preparatory course is the first of its kind. It does not just teach you the law; rather, it helps you to develop the skills and frame of mind you need to succeed in law school. You will have an opportunity to practice reading and briefing cases, making an outline, and answering exam questions. You will also have the opportunity to make a study schedule that you can use during your entire first semester of law school.
The course consists of five sessions. You should expect to spend five hours per day on the course. (There are approximately 2 hours of instruction per course session and two hours of homework per session.)
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best time to take this course?
The summer before you begin law school. During orientation week of law school. Before your classes begin. Basically, anytime before you begin law school. Private sessions can be scheduled by emailing us at [email protected]
Why should I take the law school prep course?
For many reasons.
How much does the law school prep course cost?
A one-on-one course (live online or in-person, that you can schedule at your convenience) costs $1,499.99. The small-group course is $499.99. Please contact us to see our most recent scholarship options if you are interested! We frequently offer scholarships in the spring.
When can I take the law school prep course?
The private course can be scheduled according to your flexibility. Most students take the course in the beginning of August. The small group course will be held August 3 through August 7, 2020, from 10:00-12:30 ET each day.