JD Advising Law School Tutoring and Coaching Program
Looking for a law school tutor? The founder of JD Advising graduated as the #1 law student. If you sign up for our law school tutoring program, you will learn the same skills that our founder used to graduate as the #1 student. JD Advising tutors have graduated at the top of their class and have helped several students succeed in law school.
We offer both online and in-person one-on-one private tutoring for your law school classes. We have tutored students across the country, including students at top law schools such as the University of Michigan Law School, Duke University School of Law, and Cornell Law School. We can help you succeed no matter which law school you attend!
We will help you learn the skills that you need to succeed in law school. We will also teach you a time-tested strategy for answering exam questions and help you create an organized, manageable schedule so that you can get done everything that you should be doing each week. Note that we also cover difficult, highly-tested areas of law together. Lastly, we give you personalized feedback on practice exams so that by the time you take a law school exam, you will know exactly what is expected of you. Many students in the past have seen their GPA’s increase significantly after receiving our private one-on-one tutoring.
Why sign up for law school tutoring?
Excel In Law School with a Personal Law School Tutor
What is included in law school tutoring and coaching?
- Tutoring for substantive classes (for all years of law school, and all core classes included — including Real Property, Torts, Criminal Law and Procedure, Contracts and Sales, Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure, Evidence, Wills and Trusts, Corporations, and more!)
- Tutoring for 1Ls: how to take notes, efficiently read and brief cases, survive the Socratic method, and outline review (note: if you are in your first year, read this post on why we especially recommend tutoring for first-year law students)
- Assistance with legal writing and research skills for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls (note: we do not write or assist in writing actual graded papers)
- MPRE tutoring for 2Ls and 3Ls
- Early bar exam prep tutoring for 3Ls
- Final exam practice and review
- Help with creating a law school study schedule
- Resume review, interview prep, and career guidance
- Guidance on picking law school classes, writing on to law review, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who will my tutor be?
We will set you up with an attorney who excelled in law school, on the bar exam, and in their career. Many of our attorney tutors have attended top law schools. Each is responsible for just one to two law students so that they can give you their full attention.
What are the different subscription levels?
You can purchase tutoring by the session.
You can also subscribe to our tutoring services and be guaranteed to meet with your tutor on a regular basis.
The different law school tutoring and coaching subscription levels are as follows. You can upgrade or downgrade as you please. There are no commitments required:
- Level 1 – Basic: 2 hours per month – $250/month (you save $50 a month versus if you just purchased tutoring alone)
- Level 2 – Premium: 4 hours per month – $500/month (you save $100 a month versus if you just purchased tutoring alone)
- Level 3 – Premium Plus: 10 hours per month – $1,200/month (you save $300 a month versus if you just purchased tutoring alone)
You can cancel or pause your subscription anytime. We do not require any length of commitment so if you want to test it out for a month, feel free!
*Note: hours do not “roll over” so if you do not use hours one month, you forfeit them. However, you can pause or cancel the subscription at any time!
If I want to add on additional tutoring, can I?
Yes. You can always add to tutoring by purchasing tutoring by the session ($300/session). As a student enrolled in our program, you will have priority for any additional sessions you may need with your law school tutor.
What year of law school should I sign up?
We provide coaching to 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls, and beyond! The earlier you sign up, the better!