Michigan Plans to Adopt the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE)
On December 4, 2020, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners (BLE) announced that it plans to adopt the Uniform Bar Exam, also known as the UBE. The announcement was posted on the BLE’s website. Oddly enough, this apparently was not big enough news to get its own announcement on the Michigan Board of Law Examiners’ page. Rather, it was mentioned at the very bottom of an announcement regarding the decision to make the February 2021 bar exam an online exam. (See the last paragraph of the announcement below.)
Michigan Plans to Adopt the UBE
The announcement states: “The Court is moving to implement the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE) for future testing. By next year, the UBE (which allows an applicant’s score to be transferred between UBE jurisdictions) will be used by nearly 40 jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.”
The Michigan Board of Law Examiners’ announcement may come as a surprise to many students! However, at this time, there is very little information on Michigan’s plans to adopt the UBE besides the note in the announcement. This announcement came after the BLE also announced that the February 2021 Michigan Bar Exam will be held online—containing both the essay and MBE portion of the exam. The July 2020 Michigan Bar Exam was held online and contained only the essay portion of the exam.
When will this happen?
The announcement is not clear on the date of adoption. However, our best guess is that it will be a year from now, or February/July 2022. But, we are unsure and will continue to check the Board’s website for more information!
Please follow our blog to get the latest news on Michigan’s plans to adopt the UBE! We will include any updates on this post.
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
We offer the following products and services:
- A premium, full-service Michigan Bar Exam Course, which provides students with tailored, high-quality, and personalized bar exam preparation. Preview our course for free here to see sample lectures, outlines, and materials.
- COVID-19 SALE: Due to the pandemic, we are offering discounted rates on our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses. Use coupon code COVIDOD at checkout to place your $99.99 deposit and lock in your $999.99 pricing for our On Demand Course (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDODFULL). If you are interested in our Premium course, use coupon code COVIDPREM at checkout to place your $499.99 deposit and lock in your $3499.99 pricing (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDPREMFULL).
- A Michigan essay course, which comes with seven sessions, outlines for all Michigan-specific subjects, essay feedback, and our popular How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam and our predictions.
- Private tutoring for those seeking one-on-one help to pass the Michigan Bar Exam.
- How to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam, a book which includes tips on how to study smart for the Michigan Bar Exam, one-sheets, as well as a step-by-step guide for writing high-scoring Michigan Bar Exam essays.
- MBE services and products, including an MBE course, MBE seminar, and MBE one-sheets.