UBE Percentiles: What UBE percentile did I score in?
The National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE), the organization that writes the Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) does not release UBE percentiles. However, you can figure out your approximate percentile by looking at your Illinois bar exam percentile equivalents.
The Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar releases this convenient chart, which should tell you your approximate percentile on the Uniform Bar Exam.
Keep in mind, this is only an approximate percentile as Illinois also administers the Illinois essay exam as a small component of its exam. However, this is the closest we can find to a good UBE percentile gauge!
What is a percentile? If you scored a 230 (and thus are in the 9th percentile of UBE takers) that means you scored higher than 9% of applicants taking the exam. If you scored a 260, you were in the 44th percentile, and scored higher than 44 percent of applicants taking the Uniform Bar Exam. Note: The “12” next to a score of 190 is an error, and should probably be “1”, meaning you scored higher than 1% of examinees if you scored a 190.
The higher your UBE percentile, the better you scored!
Note: this chart is from last year, but percentiles do not vary too dramatically from year to year.
Note: If you failed the bar exam, we have an excellent On Demand course available for those looking for a fresh new approach on the bar exam. Check out the advantages of our course here. It is on sale for a limited time!
Looking for Uniform Bar Exam Help?
We offer the following products and services:
- A five-star UBE course — that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and released questions. Preview our course for free here to see sample lectures, outlines, and materials.
- COVID-19 SALE: Due to the pandemic, we are offering discounted rates on our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses. Use coupon code COVIDOD at checkout to place your $99.99 deposit and lock in your $999.99 pricing for our On Demand Course (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDODFULL). If you are interested in our Premium course, use coupon code COVIDPREM at checkout to place your $499.99 deposit and lock in your $3499.99 pricing (if you are ready to pay in full, use coupon code COVIDPREMFULL).
- Uniform Bar Exam tutoring services – tailored to you.
- MBE services and products, including an MBE Course, MBE Seminar, and MBE One-Sheets and real MBE questions.
- MEE services and products, including an MEE course, MEE seminar, and MEE One-Sheets.
- MPT services and products, including an MPT seminar, MPT guide and private tutoring.