Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips
Many students struggle to complete the bar exam in time. So if you struggle with timing on the Uniform Bar Exam, you are not alone. Here, we give you some of our best Uniform Bar Exam timing tips. First, we give you some general tips, and then we have timing tips that relate to each portion of the Uniform Bar Exam – the multistate bar exam (MBE), the multistate performance test (MPT), and the multistate essay exam (MEE).
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips – General Tips
A few tips you want to keep in mind when you are perfecting your timing on the Uniform Bar Exam are the following:
- First, practice makes perfect! If you struggle with timing on the exam, you should be sure to practice timing a lot! Rather than only read tips on timing, actually implement them to see what works!
- Second, use released MBE, MEE, and MPT questions when you practice. If you use questions invented by a commercial course, you are at a disadvantage. You can find past MEE questions here, sources for past Multistate Performance Test (MPT) questions here, and real MBE questions here.
- Lastly, learn the law better! Many students try to find tricks or shortcuts to improving their timing or their scores. However, the easiest way to improve your Uniform bar exam timing and also improve your score is to learn the law! Here, we have tips on how to memorize your bar exam outlines if you are unsure where to begin.
Uniform Bar Exam Timing Tips – Tips for each portion of the exam
We have written extensively about Uniform Bar Exam timing tips for each portion of the exam.
- MBE timing tips: Here, we give you some excellent MBE timing tips, including a “scantron strategy” to use on exam day, tips on what to spend your time on when you study, and how to build your way up to practicing full timed MBE exams.
- MPT timing tips: Here, we list some excellent MPT timing tips, including to make sure you memorize proper MPT formats ahead of time, tips on how to “work while you read” and how to avoid the very common mistake of briefing all cases in an MPT library.
- MEE timing tips: Here we give you tips to master your timing on the MEE portion of the exam, including tips on organization, memorizing the highly tested rules, and how to be concise in your essay answer.
We hope these Uniform Bar Exam timing tips help you! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us or post in the comments below!
If you are looking for additional help to prepare for the Uniform Bar Exam, we offer the following resources:
- Tutoring Services – tailored to you: To read more about our bar exam tutoring services (including MEE and MPT services), please check out our bar exam private tutoring page.
- UBE Course: We offer an elite, personalized small-group Uniform Bar Exam course that fills up quickly! If you are interested in this course, we recommend early application! Please read more about the course here.
- MBE Services: We have several MBE services, including an MBE Favorites series which covers the highly tested topics on the MBE, MBE one-sheets, an MBE Guide (that comes with a 7-point increase guarantee!), an MBE diagnostic if you are not sure where you are struggling. We also offer a 14-session MBE course, MBE private tutoring that is tailored to you, and a half-day MBE Seminar. We also have real MBE questions for sale. Not sure which one is right for you? Contact us!
- MEE Services: We offer several MEE services, including an MEE Course (which covers highly tested MEE subjects), an MEE seminar that covers the highly tested areas of law on the MEE as well as predictions! We recommend early application if you are interested in this option. We also have highly regarded MEE one-sheets and essay feedback.
- MPT services: We offer MPT services including private tutoring, essay feedback, and an MPT Seminar. We also sell MPT books with questions, answers, and model student answers and an MPT guide which gives you a step-by-step approach to the MPT!