Already wondering when the February 2016 Michigan Bar Exam Results will be released? Us too! The Michigan Board of Law Examiners states that Michigan Bar Exam results are released mid-May but in reality, they are usually released a little earlier than that. Last year, they were released on Tuesday, May 5. The earliest they have been released in the last eight years is April 20. The latest is May 19. Below, you can see the past release dates for February Michigan Bar Exam results.
Past Release Dates for the February Michigan Bar Exam Results:
- Feb 2015 – Mailed (and posted) on Tuesday, May 5. (538 applicants)
- Feb 2014 – Mailed (and posted) on Wednesday, May 7. (681 applicants)
- Feb 2013 – Mailed on Wednesday, May 15. (722 applicants)
- Feb 2012 — Mailed on Wednesday, April 25. (525 applicants)
- Feb 2011 – Mailed on Wednesday, April 20. (463 applicants)
- Feb 2010 – Mailed on Friday, April 30. (441 applicants)
- Feb 2009 – Mailed on Tuesday, May 19. (463 applicants)
- Feb 2008 – Mailed on Monday, May 5. (429 applicants)
We predict that the release date will be in the beginning of May again – perhaps May 5 again. For the February 2016 Michigan bar exam, we suspect there were less applicants than the February 2014 or February 2015 bar exams so maybe that will make the release date even earlier. However, our formal prediction will remain Thursday, May 5.
Update: May 6, 2016: Results still are not out. Read our Michigan bar exam results FAQ post here!
Will the February 2016 Michigan
bar exam results be posted online?
Yes, the Michigan Board of Law Examiner’s states on their website that results will be posted by seat number on the day that results are mailed. (In case you are wondering where they reveal that results are released, they make an announcement right here on the home page of their website.) Note: This is the seat you were actually sitting in – which may be different than the seat you were originally assigned.
If you do not remember your seat number, call or email the Michigan Board of Law Examiners and ask what you have to do to get it. Some students who did not write down their seat numbers last time were able to discover their numbers before results were released.
What time of day are the Michigan
bar exam results posted online?
The last couple of times, results have been released around 12:00. But in the past, it has also been in the afternoon (around 4 or 4:30).
Will I be able to find out if I passed the February 2016 Michigan
bar exam if I don’t have Character and Fitness clearance?
Most likely. For the last three bar exams, the Michigan Board of Law Examiners released the seat numbers of everyone who passed the bar exam – including those who had not yet passed the MPRE or Character and Fitness. (This is relatively new – they had not done that before.) If they do the same thing this time, you will be able to find out whether you passed as soon as results are posted, regardless of if you are still waiting for Character and Fitness clearance.
I don’t have the time, energy, or desire to constantly
refresh the BLE website. Can you just tell me when the
February 2016 Michigan bar exam results are released?
Yes! Please send us your email or your phone number if you want to know first! We are usually among the very first to know when Michigan bar exam results are released and we are happy to text you or email you when they are out!
We will send a short email or text to you announcing when results are out. We will not share your information with anyone (nor will we send group emails or group texts − we will notify each person individually!). We will not sign you up for our newsletter or anything else. We will simply send a short notification when results are out then leave you alone!
To sign up for our #KnowFirst campaign, text KNOWFIRSTF to 77222 for February results, or KNOWFIRSTJ to 77222 for July results to be added to our contact list.
If you happen to find out results before we do, please let us know!
I’m Bored. What else Should I do
while I’m Waiting for Results?
We have a few ideas!
- First, we recommend you check out these articles: A Note to those who Pass the Bar Exam and A Note to Those who Fail the Bar Exam. They are both good to read prior to getting results (whether you pass and friend fails or vice versa, you will be more prepared to deal with it and be in the right mindset!)
- Plan a nice post-bar exam vacation (or “bar moon” as some call it). Anywhere. Being in an “in-between” stage of your life can kind of suck in some ways, but in other ways, it gives you an excuse to take a break!
- Figure out a plan of attack for if you fail and if you pass. We have some stellar ideas on “The Art of Waiting for Bar Exam Results”. If you are confident you passed, learn a bit more about the next step – planning a swearing-in ceremony.
- We have a few articles here if you are planning on starting your own firm or looking to acquire some attorney skills after law school.
- We have lots of lovely articles here: What I learned from being an entrepreneur, fantastic inspiring Rilke quotes to get you through life transitions. (Just click here if you want to see them all!)
Good luck waiting for bar exam results!!
Looking to Pass the Michigan Bar Exam?
Free or discounted resources
- A five-star bar exam course (on sale for as low as $999.99!) that provides you with the best instruction, outlines, and questions. Preview our course for free here!
- Free popular bar exam guides (on how to pass the bar exam, and what to do if you failed the bar exam) written by bar exam experts!
- A free early bar prep course for law students
- Free bar exam webinars taught by top bar exam experts
Our most POPULAR and highly rated bar exam resources are:
- Our On Demand and Premium Bar Exam Courses (on sale now!)
- Bar Exam Private Tutoring by bar exam experts
- A Michigan essay course which teaches students our time-tested approach to Michigan essays
- A Michigan Bar Exam seminar for those looking for an overview of the highly tested areas of the Michigan Bar Exam
- Michigan Bar Exam One-Sheets—rated five stars! Our customers love these supplements!
- Real MBE questions—the best practice questions available!